Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sabrina Sloan in the pages of Lifted Magazine

Our very own Andrew Moreno recently had the privledge to interview Sabrina Sloan. Below is a snippet... But you can read the full article here: Sabrina Sloan - In Her Own Words

Moreno: Tell me; at what age did you realize your passion for music/performance art?
Sloan: I started singing when I was three-years-old. I got involved with church and school choirs early. I also started playing the piano at the age of 7. At around 9, I would just sit at the piano for hours and play and sing and have my own private concert. I loved the theory of music and how the chords supported the melody and I began to appreciate every part of a song. I’d say I knew then that music was what I loved. I also knew it would always be a part of my life.

Moreno: Where/what do you draw on for strength/encouragement?

Sloan: I feel very strongly that it was part of God’s plan for me to be on the show. In everything I do, I trust He knows why things happen the way they do. I was able to go on the stage feeling confident that I was supposed to be there and share my talent. My greatest encourager is my husband, and I give him credit for helping me finally audition, while keeping me focused through the whole process. Our mantra was “Nothing to Lose.” He helped me do the show without thinking of what people would think of me, how I might get voted off, etc. I had to hit the stage with that “no fear” attitude.

Moreno: Do you keep in contact with the other Idol contestants?

Sloan: I try to, but they have an incredibly busy schedule so usually we talk when I visit the show. I feel for them! I know they’re exhausted! J

Moreno: What is it like working with Sanjaya? Everyone seems to be Malakrazy! What's he like behind-the-scenes?

Sloan: He’s a 17 year old kid! He’s having a blast, and enjoying the show. He’s someone who I think genuinely appreciates everything he’s experiencing being on American Idol. I don’t know if he even knows how FAMOUS he is! You live in a bubble being on the show and I know his mom is good about protecting him from some of that publicity and nationwide obsession!

No comments: